Re: [Idr] Question regarding bgpM2AsPath4byteTable in BGP4 MIBv2

"tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com> Tue, 18 December 2007 16:42 UTC

From: "tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com>
To: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Question regarding bgpM2AsPath4byteTable in BGP4 MIBv2
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:39:16 +0100
Cc: idr <idr@ietf.org>

Jeff

Camping onto a related topic ....

Geoff Huston has picked up and developped the
draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation
I-D that was last called here a year ago, and this now says that the
representation MUST be asdot ie a decimal number below 65536, or x.y when it
would be above 65535.  This is gaining some traction in RIPE.  If and when a
standard is adopted, then I think that there should be a TC in this MIB with an
appropriate DISPLAY-HINT (I cannot recall seeing anything like it anywhere).

Tom Petch