[Idr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-14: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 15 December 2022 12:05 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, shares@ndzh.com, jhaas@pfrc.org, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, jhaas@pfrc.org, brian@innovationslab.net
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 04:05:06 -0800
Subject: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-14: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-14
CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document, it appears to add welcomed
clarification to RFC 7752. Due to lack of time, I have only reviewed the diff
with RFC 7752 and I trust Brian Haberman's intdir review at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-14-intdir-telechat-haberman-2022-12-14/
(thank you Brian).

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education), and one nit.

Special thanks to Jeffrey Haas for the *very detailed* shepherd's detailed
write-up including the WG consensus and the justification of the intended
status.

I have also appreciated that you list the RFC 7752 authors as contributors to
this document.

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric
## COMMENTS

### Section 5.2.2

The IPv4 address family has also link-local addresses (RFC 3927), to the text
about link-local should be address family agnostic, i.e., either use "IPv6/IPv4
link-local address" or simply "link-local address". As this is mostly academic
(IPv4 LLA are usually never used by routers), I am not raising a DISCUSS though.

### Section 5.3.2.3

What is the expected behaviour of the receiver/consumer when the trailing be
are not 0 ?

### Section 5.3.2.7

Unsure what a `subset of the FQDN` is ... Do you mean a substring ?

### Section 5.4

Rather than `The Enterprise Codes are listed at
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers>.`, suggest to use a
normative reference.

## NITS

### ISIS vs. IS-IS

Isn't the right writing "IS-IS" ? (I saw at least one such occurence)

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments