[ietf-nomcom] Stepping down as IETF Chair in March 2024

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Tue, 19 September 2023 07:01 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 10:01:29 +0300
Cc: ietf-nomcom@ietf.org
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org
Subject: [ietf-nomcom] Stepping down as IETF Chair in March 2024

Hi,

My employer has undergone some internal changes recently and has informed me that I need to significantly reduce my IETF involvement. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue to serve as IETF Chair until the end of my term in March 2025 with the time I will be permitted to spend. However, I will be able to serve until March 2024 in order to facilitate an orderly succession, by delegating some aspects of the role to other IESG members.

The IESG is hence asking the NomCom to open the position of IETF Chair at this time, in order to select a new IETF Chair to take over the role in March 2024 as part of the regular leadership change.

I’d like to apologize to the community for not being able to serve until the end of my term, due to circumstances outside of my control, and for the shorter than usual notice on the opening of the position.

To anyone considering volunteering for the position, I’m very happy to discuss any details about the role.

I expect the NomCom will shortly announce specifics about how they intend to handle this case.

Regards,
Lars Eggert
IETF Chair