Re: Any RFCs describing mailing list subscription practice?

"Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com> Mon, 10 July 2000 03:10 UTC

To: Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
cc: ietf@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:04:19 -0400
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>

As far as I know, there is no such IETF document.  The only even
vaguely related RFCs I know of are 2369 and 1211.  Standardizing list
processor commands has proven to be very controversial.  But a BCP
supporting use of a mail loop to confirm subscription would be a good
thing and should be doable...

Thanks,
Donald