November '93 IETF: ATM MIB WG (atommib)

Kaj Tesink <kaj@cc.bellcore.com> Thu, 28 October 1993 20:59 UTC

To: IETF-Announce:;
Sender: ietf-announce-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Kaj Tesink <kaj@cc.bellcore.com>
Subject: November '93 IETF: ATM MIB WG (atommib)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 16:56:57 -0400

Group Name: ATM MIB WG (atommib)
IETF Area: Network Management
Date/Time: Monday, November 1, 1993
           1330-1530
           Thursday, November 4, 1993
           1330-1530
-------------

There are two meetings (monday and thursday) of the atommib
working group in Houston. Given our open issues on the
ifmib mapping (atm level, aal5) and the modeling of connections
also the frmib and ifmib WG meetings are relevant to the
AToMMIB WG.

Schedule of selected wg meetings:
Mon     1330    AToM
Tues    1330    ifmib
Tues    1600    FR
Weds    1330    ifmib
Weds    1600    FR
Thurs   1330    AToM

The chairs of these WGs have tried to coordinate schedules
such that common issues can be dealt with most efficiently.
Here is the proposed agenda for the AToMMIB WG:

Monday 1330-1530 meeting
1) Discussion of the SONET MIB Draft
        draft-ietf-atommib-sonet-01.txt dated October 7 1993.

   Given the absence of further comments on the mailing list
it is my hope that we will be able to conclude this item quickly
and to recommend this MIB to the AD for advancement as a PS.

2) Discussion of the ATM MIB Draft
        draft-ietf-atommib-atm-01.txt dated October 21 1993.

   We have a couple of issues:
   a) Confirm mapping of ATM level -->ifTable
   b) Mapping AAL5 --> ifTable
   c) Connection table
   d) Other issues
   e) Status ATM MIB (issues, advancement strategy, etc)
   f) Discussion on any ATM mgmt needs beyond the current ATM MIB

3) Discussion of the ATM relationship with the Generic Connection Table Draft
        draft-ietf-ifmib-conntable-00.txt dated October 8 1993

   Given the relationship with the ifmib and frmib work
of items 2a, 2b, 2c, and 3, the monday meeting can be used as follows:
- - Minimal discussion on 2a and 2b (identify issues, if any,
  as input for the ifmib discussions)
- - Use most of the time for 2c (also used as input for frmib and ifmib)
- - Brief discussion on 3 (statements of principle, details to be fleshed out
  in ifmib/frmib)

Thursday 1330-1530 meeting
2) Discussion of the ATM MIB Draft (continued)
        draft-ietf-atommib-atm-01.txt dated October 21 1993.

- - Continuation of 2a, 2b, 2c as necesssary based on ifmib/frmib output
- - 2d
- - 2e
- - 2f

Kaj Tesink
pmail Bellcore                          vmail (908) 758-5254
      331 Newman Springs Rd.          faxmail (908) 758-4196
      Red Bank, NJ 07701                email kaj@cc.bellcore.com