Re: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Mon, 13 May 2013 12:18 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:17:44 -0400
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, "A. Jean Mahoney" <mahoney@nostrum.com>, gen-art@ietf.org, IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, NETMOD Working Group <netmod@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis.all@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01

Thank you Juergen.  I see that the pattern statement is therefore correct.
And presumably it is a judgment call as to hw to write te new pattern to
restrict the old one.  Personally, I find a pattern statement that
covers a whole lot of other things, but that happens when combined with
the parent patter to give the right result, to be a confusing way to
document what is needed.  But I can not claim it is technically
incorrect.  (And I suppose that some would claim that repeating the more
detailed parent pattern is redundant.)

Yours,
Joel