Re: wanted: your old NAT home router

Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com> Fri, 09 July 2010 07:15 UTC

Subject: Re: wanted: your old NAT home router
From: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:15:16 +0300
To: 78attendees@ietf.org, IETF BEHAVE WG <behave@ietf.org>, homegate@ietf.org, "ietf@ietf.org Discussion" <ietf@ietf.org>, "end2end-interest@postel.org list" <end2end-interest@postel.org>

Hi,

a quick status update. We now have received over 100 donated home gateways, plus a DSLAM. The students are on their summer break, after which we'll start running a significantly expanded set of tests over this much larger population of devices.

Many of yo have donated boxes and suggested more experiments and better ways of performing our current tests - thank you!

In case you are attending IETF-78 in Maastricht and would like to donate a home gateway, simply bring it. (Or contact me now for shipping details; no cost to you.)

We're especially interested in devices from outside the EU and North America, or any other model we may not have yet (see http://fit.nokia.com/lars/tmp/2010-hgw-study-devices.txt). And we're still lacking a CMTS for testing cable modems...

See you in Maastricht,
Lars