Re: [IETFMIBS] Extending InetAddress(Type) for BGP Multicast VPNs

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Tue, 10 January 2012 10:52 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:52:41 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Jeff Haas <jhaas@juniper.net>, Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
Cc: ietfmibs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [IETFMIBS] Extending InetAddress(Type) for BGP Multicast VPNs

Jeff,

I think that it would be useful however to provide an example of the
extensions that you have in mind, even if it's sketchy and not
syntactically perfect. I think that you are talking about extending the
InetAddressType TC with new values in order to use the BGPv2 MIB 'as
is', but I may be wrong. Putting more complexity in one of the most
commonly used set of TCs does not come for free either.

Dan