Re: [Insipid] Will the identifier pass unchanged through B2BUAs?

"Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com> Wed, 31 July 2013 12:02 UTC

From: "Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:01:05 +0000
Cc: "insipid@ietf.org" <insipid@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Insipid] Will the identifier pass unchanged through B2BUAs?

Hello All,
The question from Gonzalo was about REQ3:

REQ3: The solution must require that the identifier, if present, pass
unchanged through SIP B2BUAs or other intermediaries.

My interpretation was that 1) the solution document must contain the text "SIP B2BUAs or other intermediaries MUST NOT change the Session-ID header field value." and 2) no future drafts/RFCs are allowed to specify that a SIP B2BUA or intermediary may change the Session-ID header field value.

This is simplistic but I think it meets REQ3. The discussion on Gonzalo's question seems to me to be about a different requirement along the lines of "how the Session-ID header field is generated and used must be compared with generation and use of header fields that a SIP B2BUA or other intermediary removes or modifies to ensure that a SIP B2BUA or other intermediary does not have any reason to remove the Session-ID: header field."

Regards,
Peter