Re: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-ipv4-id-update-05.txt

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Wed, 30 May 2012 19:07 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:59:06 -0700
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
To: internet-drafts@ietf.org
Cc: int-area@ietf.org, i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-ipv4-id-update-05.txt

Hi, all,

This version incorporates feedback from an APPS directorate review by
Ted Hardie and an AD review by Brian Haberman, as discussed in exchanges
on this list in early March and early May of this year.

This version should be ready for publication.

Joe

Summary of changes:

Sec 3 -- additional explanation of use of IPv6 ID for non-fragmented v6
datagrams sent to IPv4 nets that cannot support IPv6's minimum MTU

Sec 4 -- remove SMF examples because they are no longer suggested

Sec 6 -- simplified pseudocode and text

Sec 8.3 -- added specific impact on RFC2003

Sec 9 -- added network accelerator packet de-duplication

Fixed typos throughout, including changing the format of directives from
"o >>" to just ">>" prefix.