[Int-dir] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-tcpo-v6eh-05

Dirk Von Hugo via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sat, 13 January 2024 17:00 UTC

From: Dirk Von Hugo via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: int-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-tcpo-v6eh.all@ietf.org, opsawg@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 09:00:35 -0800
Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-tcpo-v6eh-05

Reviewer: Dirk Von Hugo
Review result: Ready with Nits

Hello,
I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-tcpo-v6eh. These comments were written primarily for
the benefit of the Internet Area Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s)
should treat these comments just like they would treat comments from any other
IETF contributors and resolve them along with any other Last Call comments that
have been received. For more details on the INT Directorate, see
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/> Based on my review, if I was
on the IESG I would ballot this document as NO OBJECTION.

Although not being an expert on OPSAWG I agrre that the document is helpful
forhandling IPv6 extension headers and TCP options. I agree with prior
reviewers that IPFIX RFCs should be referenced already in sect. 1 as well as
maybe the corresponding draft draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-fixes on further details
on the described issues, if I understood it correctly. In addition the
following very minor nits should be corrected:

p.3:
Cover the full extension headers range => Cover the full extension headers'
range which do no correspond => which do not correspond

p.4:
these limitations can't be addressed  these limitations cannot be addressed

p.5:
packet of this Flow contained the respective => packet of this Flow contains
the respective

p.8:
these limitations can't be addressed =>  these limitations cannot be addressed

p.10:
that it does no support, => that it does not support,

p.12:
Let's consider a TCP Flow => Let us consider a TCP Flow

Thanks and best regards
Dirk