Re: [ipcdn] DVB I-Ds and what to do with them?

Michael StJohns <mstjohns@mindspring.com> Thu, 22 November 2001 21:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:19:26 -0800
To: A.Valentine@eu.hns.com, Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
From: Michael StJohns <mstjohns@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [ipcdn] DVB I-Ds and what to do with them?
Cc: ipcdn@ietf.org, rwoundy@cisco.com
Sender: ipcdn-admin@ietf.org

Andrew -

Suggest taking the group of IDs, combining them into a single
Informational/Historical RFC.    What I'd suggest is extracting only the
ASN.1 portion from each as being the critical part, and dumping most of the
rest as being irrelevant at this time.  If they're ever resurrected the
general form of a MIB RFC will have changed so much (based on my experience
during the first 2 years of the IPCDN WG) that the boilerplate will need to
be rewritten regardless.

Later, Mike