[ipcdn] DVB I-Ds and what to do with them?

A.Valentine@eu.hns.com Thu, 22 November 2001 13:00 UTC

To: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
Cc: ipcdn@ietf.org, rwoundy@cisco.com
From: A.Valentine@eu.hns.com
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:00:13 +0000
Subject: [ipcdn] DVB I-Ds and what to do with them?
Sender: ipcdn-admin@ietf.org

Thomas,

The IPCDN WG has been developing MIBs for both DOCSIS and DVB-RCCL based
cable modem systems.  Unfortunately, due to market/economic conditions,
cable modems based on DVB-RCCL were only deployed in small numbers and
AFAIK there are no longer any companies actively producing them.  This
leaves the WG with 4 I-Ds, for which there are no known implementers for
the foreseeable future and 2 of the I-Ds do not have an editor.

When this was raised at the London IETF, it was suggested by yourself that
it may be possible to archive the I-Ds as informational RFCs with
appropriate wording describing their status, so that in the future it may
be possible to resurrect them.

There are 2 mibs for the DVB cable modem and they went through WG last
call.  These have expired while we have been deciding what to do with
them.

 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbnetint-mib-03.txt
 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbniuif-mib-00.txt

There are 2 mibs for the DVB INA (headend) and have not been reviewed by
the group.  These currently do not have an editor.

 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbinaif-mib-00.txt
 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbdev-mib-00.txt

So I guess that question is, what wording do we need to include in the
I-Ds so they can be archived as informational RFCs

Thanks

Andrew

--
Andrew Valentine
Senior Systems Architect

#**********************************************************************
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual
or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use,
copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All
information or opinions expressed in this message and/or
any attachments are those of the author and are not
necessarily those of Hughes Network Systems Limited,
including its European subsidiaries and affiliates. Hughes
Network Systems Limited, including its European
subsidiaries and affiliates accepts no responsibility for loss
or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.