Re: [IPFIX] DRAFT agenda for IETF in Anaheim

Atsushi Kobayashi <akoba@nttv6.net> Wed, 03 March 2010 04:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:07:11 +0900
From: Atsushi Kobayashi <akoba@nttv6.net>
To: Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: IPFIX Working Group <ipfix@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] DRAFT agenda for IETF in Anaheim

Hi Nevil,

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:56:48 +1300
Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hi Atsushi:
>
> 1) OK, I've added this to the Anaheim agenda.

Thank you! Kashima-san will present it.

> 2) Your draft says 'Standards Track,' but independent submissions can
>     only be Informational or Experimental.  Standards Track drafts need
>     to become a WG item ... let's discuss it further in Anaheim.

Yes, let's discuss also how to progress it.
I do not adhere to "Standards Track". Our goal is to register new
Information Elements for data link frame into IANA. If we achieve it, it
does not matter.

> 3) As you've reminded me below, I'll post some comments real soon now!

I am looking forward to your comments.

Regards,
Atsushi

> Cheers, Nevil
>

> Atsushi Kobayashi wrote:
> > Hi Nevil, and all,
> >
> > We are preparing the next version draft of new information element for
> > link layer monitoring.
> > http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-01.txt
> >
> > In last meeting, we discussed how to progress it furthermore.
> > Please see minute of last meeting.
> >
> >           New Drafts
> >              Data-link Layer Monitoring, Shingo Kashima.
> >                Proposes to make 3 new IEs?
> >                dataLinkFrameType - why not use ifType (from RMON) for values.
> >                Juergen says "since Ethernet is so common, this should be
> >                documented in an RFC."  Could be an Independent Submission.
> >                Dan agrees we need a more detailed draft, discussed on WG.
> >                Nevil will send some comments to the authors.
> >
> > I and Kashima-san would like to have 5 or 10 minutes to present the
> > update in IPFIX WG. But, I am not sure how to progress it. Should it be
> > presented at another working group, or independent submission?
> > Will you give me any suggestion about it?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Atsushi
>
> --
>   Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
>   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
>   FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

---
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <akoba@nttv6.net>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637