RE: [ippm] Last Call: 'Packet Reordering Metric for IPPM' to Proposed Standard

"STEPHAN Emile RD-CORE-LAN" <emile.stephan@francetelecom.com> Mon, 10 April 2006 10:11 UTC

Subject: RE: [ippm] Last Call: 'Packet Reordering Metric for IPPM' to Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:11:48 +0200
From: STEPHAN Emile RD-CORE-LAN <emile.stephan@francetelecom.com>
To: Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Cc: ippm@ietf.org, Henk Uijterwaal <henk@ripe.net>, Matthew J Zekauskas <matt@internet2.edu>, Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, iesg@ietf.org

Hi Al,

RFC4148 tells to describe them in the IANA consideration section. So from my point of view the simple way (and the faster) consists in inserting the following in the IANA section:

   ietfReordered OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-Reordered"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 3."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfReorderedRatioStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-Reordered-Ratio-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.1."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktReorderingExtentStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-Reordering-Extent-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.2."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktLateTimeStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-Late-Time-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.3."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktByteOffsetStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-Byte-Offset-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.4."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktReorderingGapStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-Reordering-Gap-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.5."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktReorderingFreeRunStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-Reordering-Free-Run-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 4.6."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

   ietfPktNReorderingStream OBJECT-IDENTITY
      STATUS       current
      DESCRIPTION
         "Type-P-packet-n-Reordering-Stream"
      REFERENCE "RFCyyyy, section 5."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
      ::= { ianaIppmMetrics nn }     -- IANA assigns nn

PS: I take care to have objects name length shorter than 32.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Emile