[ippm] comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-11.txt

Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de> Fri, 31 March 2006 15:22 UTC

From: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:54:23 +0200
To: ippm@ietf.org, ippm-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: [ippm] comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-11.txt

Hi,

I just realized I hadn't sent my comments on draft-ietf-ippm-
reordering-11.txt yet. I do consider them minor (otherwise I wouldn't
have initiated IETF Last Call yet) and they can all be addressed
during the final editing cycle. Nice job overall!

One thing that does need to be checked is wording related to sequence
numbers.  The assumption here seems to be that sequence numbers are
consecutive integers, because many of the metrics use the fact that
NextExp is larger by 1 than the sequence number of the previous
packet. However, in some places (e.g., lines 181, 188, 354), other
wording such as "monotonically increasing", "incrementing", etc. is
used when talking about the characteristics of sequence numbers,
which do not quite describe the same property.

lines 281-283: Not sure if the statement on "working group's view"
should remain, given this is moving towards publication now

lines 304-306: don't understand the text in parentheses

line 1147-1148: reference DCCP and remove "future", RFC should be out
any day now - also, make sure to reference the correct CCID

lines 1309-1314: might want to talk about the MSL here, too

Editing its:

bunch of double references, e.g. line 158: "RFC2119 [RFC2119]"

some headings end in a colon (unusual), different headings
capitalized differently

check use of "affect" and "affects", should be "effects"

line 303: s/meet/meets/

lines 352-357: might want to point to the overflow discussion in
Section 6

lines 471-473: "Whether.." - not a sentence

line 498: reference section number instead of "later"

line 528: reference section number instead of section title

lines 836-837: s/depend on greatly on/depend greatly on/

line 892: s/in order/in-order/ (other places, too)

line 1146: s/half/halve/ (also, sentence starts with a digit)

line 1294: s/seconds-worth/seconds worth/

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories