Re: draft-ietf-ipr-rules-update-00.txt

todd.glassey@att.net Wed, 05 October 2005 20:12 UTC

From: todd.glassey@att.net
To: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>, ipr-wg@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:32:20 +0000
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ipr-rules-update-00.txt
Sender: ipr-wg-bounces@ietf.org

Hey Scott - What happens to the submission or a published document when an IP complaint is submitted??? I.e. someone formally informs the IETF that they have published controlled materials or that the person who submitted the material did not have the rights to publish or assign any rights to the IETF on behalf of the actual IP owner???

Generally speaking anyone who publishes something with as flimsy a release process as the IETF protects itself by having a process for withdrawing from circulation, those materials published that are in dispute. You havent... Seems to me that your document opens YOU PERSONALLY and the IETF to a lawsuit over just this.

So what does Jorge tell you formally about how materials need to be recallable from publication over IP disputes? Or does he think that becuase the IETF is international that it is immune from damage claims against it for gross stupidity?

Todd Glassey,
Someone who does litigate over IP rights.

From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>