Re: [Ips] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt

Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com> Fri, 28 January 2005 02:50 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:39:08 -0600
From: Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>
To: ips@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ips] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-06.txt
Cc: Michael MacFaden <macfaden@gmail.com>
Sender: ips-bounces@ietf.org

This draft was issued to address Michael MacFaden's MIB doctor review
comments.  It also addresses a few issues (StorageType and top-level
numbering) brought up in the iSCSI MIB review that apply here as well.

Here is a brief summary of changes since -05:

- IANA Considerations section added requesting OID
- Text added to 4.2 to clarify that index values need not be preserved
across reboots
- Added the use of the StorageType TC for all tables containing RowStatus
  (this addresses a comment against the iSCSI MIB which also applies here)
- Renumbered top level to match Appendix D of
draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-03.txt
- Added DESCRIPTION text to Index attributes to say they need not be
preserved across reboots
- Updated DESCRIPTIONs on RowStatus attributes
- Added REFERENCE fields for ChapUserName, SrpUserName, and
KerbPrincipal attributes
- Moved CHAP, SRP, and Kerberos references to Normative section

And a few administrative changes:
- Authors' addresses updated
- Authors' phone numbers removed
- Dates updated
- Updated IPR Notice
- Updated first page IPR Notice
- Updated copyright statement
- Updated references

This MIB module passed smilint 0.4.3 with no errors.

Diffs between -05 and -06 are available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/auth-mib-diffs-05-06.txt

The draft, along with a .mi2 MIB-only (no internet-draft text) file are
available at ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/

Mark