RE: iSCSI:SRP

"KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com> Wed, 03 April 2002 02:13 UTC

From: "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com>
To: "'Black_David@emc.com'" <Black_David@emc.com>
Cc: "Ips Reflector (E-mail)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
Subject: RE: iSCSI:SRP
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 21:12:58 -0500
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

I don't see your reasoning here David, please explain.  As Mallikarjun says,
it's up to this WG to decide what the authentication reqmts are for iSCSI
and choose a protocol.  Why would the IESG second guess that?  If that's the
case, perhaps there's an unknown, unbounded list of authentication protocols
that we haven't considered that the IESG will make us go back and consider?
It's my understanding that DH-strenghthened CHAP is only "proposed", not
currently standard (not even a draft)?  So I can't believe the IESG will
make us go consider requiring a draft in our proposed standard, that's
against their own stated rules?

I agree with John.

Marjorie Krueger
Networked Storage Architecture