Re: iSCSI:SRP

Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> Thu, 11 April 2002 08:48 UTC

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:46:37 -0700
From: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
To: John Hufferd <hufferd@us.ibm.com>
cc: Bill Strahm <bill@strahm.net>, Black_David@emc.com, marjorie_krueger@hp.com, ips@ece.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: iSCSI:SRP
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

Sorry to be a lurker in the back ground, but we are talking about digital
security and access to what one would assume to be sensitive content.

The senerio of flashed based laptops with mobile radio IP transport, aka
cell-technology et al., and off site access to home office content is
highly desired.  However, laptops or pda's can be lost of borrowed without
permission, and a simple CHAP could be hacked by joe-six-pack.

Now who wants there secure content crackable?

SRP is a stronger lock, and locks only keep honest people honest.

Regardless, of what product I will ship, SRP will be in the matrix of
solutions.  Those who fail this point may be discounted as a risk, I would
question the product.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group