RE: Legal claims on encryption and authentication algorithm

"Glawitsch, Gregor" <Gregor_Glawitsch@nai.com> Fri, 29 January 1999 00:07 UTC

From: "Glawitsch, Gregor" <Gregor_Glawitsch@nai.com>
To: "'ipsec@tis.com'" <ipsec@tis.com>
Subject: RE: Legal claims on encryption and authentication algorithm
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:33:42 -0800
Sender: owner-ipsec@ex.tis.com

The DES patent is owned by IBM, but IBM has waived the license
fee, i.e. anyone can use DES free of charge.

The DES patent is **not** owned by RSA Data Security.

On a sidenote, the patent for the RSA public key algorithm will expire
in how many months?  11?  13?   :-)))

Greg Glawitsch
Network Associates, Inc.