Re: [IPsec] Call for adoption: draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-01

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Thu, 17 October 2013 19:33 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:32:54 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.20.63]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Cc: IPsecme WG <ipsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Call for adoption: draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-01

The message [2] references a discussion on the list. Reading over that discussion, I see that everyone who participated (with the exception of Scott Fluhrer) ended up on the design team, all 5 of us. Within the design group there was intense discussion until we settled on the encoding in the draft. If those discussions had happened on the list, the perception of working group interest would be different.

So my (totally not biased) opinion is that it should be adopted. And if someone objects to the particular encoding that we chose, that's fine and can be discussed on the list. But if we don't hear another comment ever, that's still fine, because 5 interested people is not abnormally low for a working group draft (they're not all draft-ietf-httpbis-http2), especially a draft about encoding.

Yoav