RE: ND NS/NA support required on point-to-point links?

"Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com> Thu, 15 July 2010 09:33 UTC

Subject: RE: ND NS/NA support required on point-to-point links?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:33:03 +0200
From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <pthubert@cisco.com>
To: Mark Smith <ipng@69706e6720323030352d30312d31340a.nosense.org>, sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc: ipv6@ietf.org, dthaler@microsoft.com

Hi Mark:

A new ND registration model is being developed at 6LoWPAN to enable a
proactive population of the ND cache - table, really -. Applying the ND
registration to the P2P link case, the endpoint routers would need to
register to one another prior to delivering packets on that link. Any
packet for the subnet on link that does not match an NC Entry would be
dropped as opposed to blindly passed to the other end. I tried at some
point to modernize RFC 3122 but it seems a better approach to generalize
the ND registration to P2p in particular and NBMA links at large.

What do you think?

Pascal

Of

http://www.janog.gr.jp/meeting/janog22/program/day2/data/day2-1-e.pdf