RE: Next steps for draft-gont-6man-predictable-fragment-id

John Day <jeanjour@comcast.net> Mon, 11 March 2013 10:43 UTC

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 00:30:07 -0400
To: Dmitry Anipko <Dmitry.Anipko@microsoft.com>, Ronald Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>, Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>, "ipv6@ietf.org 6man-wg" <ipv6@ietf.org>
From: John Day <jeanjour@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Next steps for draft-gont-6man-predictable-fragment-id
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1362998634; bh=WFAiZ9QvAhh4ZWfcrQWBnQp2hKpxLUlr+/s5BN/Eolw=; h=Received:Received:Mime-Version:Message-Id:Date:To:From:Subject: Content-Type; b=BW5+5hpb7PyhMyDI8/O/iX8G5mnjT8ACiPAIXbQnQKmmFAJ1bPpVi8HPYBHt3hxih u67SfKxjslR2HfsbKGhvrfp6bEI/6Fug6YsrNX9FWBwlXy9XtaktJ8AMt/syjC8F09 +Q++87iJDoJJqKt1z5DRGrxvoyiZ2p49qsxtnwa1kUhwBh8zCWmwpYcpnUCuYKpkwK DCVk8WqF6f0iSoImMt8TpqorA3RBd2cJP1B+i38WXzz1UztiLzMky7MmOno+7RUZTm 9E11R4TMrL+g1tTdQPPm9qVK38Lyrt0NuWC+FQstAykn9HGmfgPJGZujBhsu6th6Od LHYZqK7WvGpkQ==

A second thought.

Really all you have to do is grab some cloud resources and you can
blast away at thousands of people starting at hundreds of points in
the identifier space and since you have already hacked the cloud, it
is all free.

(After the RSA breach (I had students involved in the clean up), it
was pretty clear that the probability that all data centers had been
compromised was pretty close to 1.)