RE: [**EXTERNAL**] New Version Notification for draft-mudric-6man-lcs-00.txt

Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com> Mon, 24 August 2020 08:55 UTC

From: Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com>
To: "Mudric, Dusan" <dmudric@ciena.com>, Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>, "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>
CC: Dusan Mudric <dusan.mudric@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [**EXTERNAL**] New Version Notification for draft-mudric-6man-lcs-00.txt
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 08:55:28 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.198.235]

Hi Dusan,
[Dusan] The proposed mechanism is to use address resolution for GUA, to obtain Destination LLA, when it is found that a destination GUA is on link.
It is exactly the problem: you have not proposed any details how to do it.

Another problem for adoption could be on use case:
- if it is corporate environment, then Server is probably on a separate segment from client, and both are protected by FW on the perimeter
- if it is home environment, then resource location is manual - LLA could be chosen without any protocol extensions.
Do you have any evidences that the problem is really applicable to real life?

PS: Vendor names are typically better to use "Vendor1" and "Vendor2", real vendors could have an objections that they are not capable to do something.

Ed/