Re: [Isis-wg] draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt

Vishwas Manral <vishwas@ipinfusion.com> Fri, 02 March 2007 22:19 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:18:37 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas@ipinfusion.com>
To: James Carlson <james.d.carlson@sun.com>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt
Cc: Tony Li <tli@cisco.com>, isis-wg@ietf.org

James,

I agree it is hard to get two valid inputs with the same hash. However
from what I was told, many characters not part of the standard character
set and hence are invisible(so just the same as if they were not there).

That is the reason I gave the example given by the security people for
the collision attack. I agree it is not IS-IS related and we can
probably shift this discussion to some security list (we have discussed
this on RPSec a couple of years back and I am giving you the gist of the
discussion there).

Thanks,
Vishwas