RE: [Isis-wg] Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for IS-IS

"Manav Bhatia" <manav_bhatia06@yahoo.co.uk> Mon, 24 July 2006 04:15 UTC

From: Manav Bhatia <manav_bhatia06@yahoo.co.uk>
To: 'Jack Kohn' <kohn.jack@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for IS-IS
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:45:18 +0530
Cc: isis-wg@ietf.org

Jack,

These definitions have been used in RFCs (4305 and 4307), internet drafts
and the community since quite some time and I don't think there should be
any problem there. In cryptography, algorithms believed to be secure today
may get broken any time tomorrow and we need to continuously deprecate such
algorithms. Thus an algorithm marked as MUST may not always remain a MUST
and it may need to be demoted if there are weaknesses found there.

Hope this helps.

Manav