RE: [Isms] draft meeting agenda for Dallas

Juergen Quittek <quittek@netlab.nec.de> Mon, 20 March 2006 09:44 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:44:30 +0100
From: Juergen Quittek <quittek@netlab.nec.de>
To: ietfdbh@comcast.net, isms@ietf.org, j.schoenwaelder@iu-bremen.de
Subject: RE: [Isms] draft meeting agenda for Dallas

Hi Dave,

--On 3/13/06 12:08 PM -0500 David B Harrington wrote:

> Hi Juergen,
>
> Should the agenda include a presentation reviewing the interim
> meeting, the proposed decisions, and the action items?

Would this contain more information than the minutes?
I think the minutes cover the results of the interim meeting well.

> Will the discussion be oriented toward the list of open issues from
> the wiki? If so, they should be summarized with the mailing list input
> so far. You should probably give the URL for the wiki in the agenda.

Yes, I will see if updates are still possible.

> Will the discussion be oriented toward the list of open issues from
> the [todo] and [discuss] markers in the documents? If so, they should
> be summarized with the mailing list input so far. This [todo] and
> [discuss] approach did not seem very effective at IETF64, because
> there are so many large issues we have not resolved.

We should focus on a few essential ones that are well suited to be
solved at a regular WG session.

> One action item from the interim was to arrange an editing meeting at
> IETF65. Do you intend to do so? What specific goals do you hope to
> achieve at such an editing meeting? My calendar is filling up; if we
> are going to have an editing meeting, let's get the date and time
> nailed down, please. Sunday may not be a good choice because people
> may not be plannign to arrive early enough. I know some of the SNMP
> experts have chosen to not attend IETF65, and others are planning to
> leave early in the week. That's going to really limit the options.

Unfortunately, I missed the welcome reception (stuck in the flood) for
exploring availability of people during the week.  It would be
beneficial to have such a meeting.  Let's see if we can still arrange it.

> The editing meeting at IETF64 went down a specific tangent/rathole
> (notifications and callback) and we never reached any clear decisions
> or did any editing. The interim became an education meeting, and it
> failed to achieve clear decisions for forward progress or provide any
> specific text for the documents. If we are going to have another
> editing meeting, can we do some actual editing of the documents? Let's
> address the ratholes on the mailing list and during the formal
> session, and avoid lots of review of documents people should have
> already read.

Agreed.