Re: [Isms] FW: Review of draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-05

"David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Wed, 06 May 2009 12:46 UTC

From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: 'Dave Nelson' <d.b.nelson@comcast.net>, isms@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 08:44:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [Isms] FW: Review of draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-05

Hi,

The term access control as used in AAA and as used in SNMP has always
been a problem. The MIB boilerplate always discusses that the MIB is a
virtual database. To help clarify the distinctiojnj when doiscussing
SNMP and AAA together, I recommend referring to SNMP access control as
"database access control" or "MIB database access control".

dbh

RADIUS