[Fwd: ISN]

Will Mullaney <mullanwi@usa.net> Sat, 13 June 1998 17:10 UTC

Delivery-Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:10:33 -0400
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:01:45 -0400
From: Will Mullaney <mullanwi@usa.net>
To: isn-wg@nasa.gov
Subject: [Fwd: ISN]
Sender: owner-isn-wg@nasa.gov

--- Begin Message ---
Yes, the ISN working group has it's own listserv ect.  If I remember
correctly, ISN is the IETF's working group for schools.  It's purpose is/was
to show schools the benefits of having internet access, how to actually get
internet access, security and other issues involved, etc.  It has produced 3
RFC's, and if memory serves they were pretty good for their time but are now
outdated.  They have a couple of other goals that were supposed to be
completed by 1995, but it seems to have died off.  Anyway, if anyone has
heard from the chairs, I'd be interested to here what's going on.  If not,
perhaps anyone left should try to revise the RFC's and complete the goals.
Anyone interested?

-Will

Edwin H. Gragert wrote:

> Hello Will,
>
> I did not realize that I was even responding to a list.
> I assumed the person before was asking to be subscribed to
> an I*EARN list.  Sorry for this intrusion.
>
> It has been so long that I did not recognize the address
> of the list in the cc list.
>
> In fact, I don't even remember subscribing to the isn-wg
> list.  Can you refresh my memory re its purpose.  I guess
> if I have to ask this question, it's fairly moribund.
>
> Let me know how/if I can help.
>
> Ed Gragert
> I*EARN

--- End Message ---