Re: [its] [manet] Scenarios, potential topics...

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com> Tue, 03 July 2012 17:27 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: "Stan Ratliff (sratliff)" <sratliff@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 17:27:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Cc: Rex Buddenberg <budden@nps.navy.mil>, Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>, manet <manet@ietf.org>, "its@ietf.org" <its@ietf.org>, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [its] [manet] Scenarios, potential topics...

The point about the 1 route (rather than 0 routes) case was just to note that the suggestion that the requirement for "always" >1 routes is too strong, not to suggest it was undesirable.

(Incidentally if you need redundancy, and are prepared to accept the additional overheads, then >1 routes isn't sufficient, you also need to consider whether they are disjoint or not.)

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687