Re: [iucg] IUser information

Marie-France Berny <mfberny@gmail.com> Thu, 25 August 2011 08:34 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:35:40 +0200
From: Marie-France Berny <mfberny@gmail.com>
To: internet users contributing group <iucg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [iucg] IUser information

Jefsey,
It seems that the task of informing users and for IUsers to document their
own environment through the IETF system (RFCs) is a too large task. Because
we are a too little number.  Because people are just not interested. Because
the principle of an RFC pile instead of some smart updated mindmap maybe
adequate to the IETF process, but is not to IUse.

>From what I read of FYIs, it was something not updated and centered on the
way experts wanted to explain and not on users' demands.

Our own iuwwws could be a response if we had different approach from RFCs,
some kind of RFC mindmap, with only the main ideas. But there is no such a
tool (even thebrain is not adequate since one cannot arrange links in a
logic order, only alphabetical order).

What would be necessary would be:

- to build a noomap management system, a map of what we really have in the
brain, that mindmaps may further on play with. May be based on Excel.
- to associate it to a registry system like the ISO one we discuss but have
no time to look into.
- to forget about copyrights because the issue is not what is copied, but
what is inside. Fed-up with people wanting us to pay everything or tell who
told us what including what is in our brain! (but not telling us who told
them !!!!)

This being said. May be if we could find a list of the FYIs it could be
interesting?
MFB