Re: [iucg] IUser information

JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com> Sat, 27 August 2011 12:22 UTC

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:40:22 +0200
To: internet users contributing group <iucg@ietf.org>
From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Subject: Re: [iucg] IUser information

Dear Mykyta,
"Why provide comments on already published RFC?" Because RFC means
request for comments.

I am afraid I was not clear enough. We have acquired experience.
There was a user services area. Russ has accepted the IUCG list which
is a new way to make users present and represented in the IETF. Our
job is to find an adequate way to support the Internet (Engineering
Task Force) User and their contribution. The way we explore has been
opposed by Unicode, resulting in our distrust in the Unicode
technical transparency and therefore adequacy for the Internet (until
the growing influence of Google, the IETF trusted ISO 10646). As a
result we have better defined the working method we think adequate.

Not only I do not oppose the IESG but I support its move. Up to us to
imagine what to better do now if there is a better way than FYIs.
Also, you certainly know that Unicode has made sure I cannot speak up
on the IETF list.
Best
jfc