Re: [Jmap] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Raphaël Ouazana <rouazana@linagora.com> Fri, 27 November 2020 08:48 UTC

From: Raphaël Ouazana <rouazana@linagora.com>
To: jmap@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:48:03 +0100
Subject: Re: [Jmap] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

I think Bron's explanation is right.

Would it clarify the issue if in section 2.1 I add "unless explicitly
set by the client" to the sentence "The server will use this identity to
define the sender of the MDNs and to set the finalRecipient field"?

Maybe it can help also if I replace:

    When sending the MDN, the server is in charge of generating the
    "originalRecipient", "finalRecipient" and "originalMessageId" fields
    according to the [RFC8098] specification.

By something like:

    When sending the MDN, the server is in charge of generating the
    "originalRecipient" and "originalMessageId" fields
    according to the [RFC8098] specification. "finalRecipient" will also
    generally be generated by the server based on the provided identity,
    but if specified by the client and allowed (see Security
    Considerations) the server will use the client provided value.

Regards,

Raphaël.