[jose] John Scudder's No Objection on charter-ietf-jose-02-00: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 01 December 2022 00:06 UTC

From: John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: jose-chairs@ietf.org, jose@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:06:15 -0800
Subject: [jose] John Scudder's No Objection on charter-ietf-jose-02-00: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-jose-02-00: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-jose/

COMMENT:

Basically LGTM. There was one paragraph I found a little stilted, I provide
some suggestions below. Take 'em or leave 'em, up to you.

While this sentence is grammatical, IMO it's a little denser to parse than it
needs to be: "Concurrent to the growth of adoption of these standards to
express and communicate sensitive data has been an increasing societal focus on
privacy." Perhaps something like this instead? "As adoption of these standards
to express and communicate sensitive data has grown, so too has an increasing
societal focus on privacy." (Arguably "grown ... increasing" is redundant and
"increasing" could be dropped but I don't think it hurts if you want to
emphasize by repetition.)

For similar reasons maybe reword "Common privacy themes in identity solutions
are user consent, minimal disclosure, and unlinkability." For example, "User
consent, minimal disclosure, and unlinkability are common privacy themes in
identity solutions."