[lemonade] ToDo list for Lemonade Profile Bis

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com> Thu, 21 February 2008 15:46 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:45:11 +0000
From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
To: Lemonade WG <lemonade@ietf.org>
Subject: [lemonade] ToDo list for Lemonade Profile Bis
Sender: lemonade-bounces@ietf.org

In preparation for the conference call later today, I am posting my
current list of open issues/todos for the Profile Bis document (listed
in no particular order of items). I am not going to state my opinion on
any of the listed items below, so that people don't get distracted.

1). Decide if Future Release SMTP (RFC 4865) extension should be included.
2). Decide if IMAP Sieve (draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-sieve) should be
included.
3). Decide if METADATA-SERVER should be included.
4). Decide if draft-melnikov-imapext-filters should be included.
5). Describe what should happen if a CONVERT URL (which now returns
binary data) is used in CATENATE. Does this require a new IMAP
capability? Should this be a required extension?
6). Decide if URLFETCH=BINARY should be included (CONVERT URLs will
depend on it).
7). Define a new IMAP capability for declaring that URLAUTH and CATENATE
support PARTIAL IMAP URLs (see RFC 5092)?
8). Add a new IMAP Keyword for "this message is pending submission" and
[possibly] another one for "this message got submitted".
9). New IMAP keyword for "has attachment"?
10). Add ability to discover "special" mailboxes like Trash/Junk/Sent
Mail/Drafts ?
11). Should Profile Bis require Sieve AnnotateMore (to read data from
per-server annotations, e.g. notification address)?
12). If Sieve and extensions remain in Lemonade Profile Bis, we need a
way to manage Sieve scripts. How should this be done?
13). Should the document define a way to find number of attachments?
Should this be another extension or just an informative text?
14). Should support for IPv6 be mandated for servers?

I am sure there are some things missing from this list. Please let me
know what is missing.