[lisp] Alvaro Retana's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-12: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

"Alvaro Retana" <aretana@cisco.com> Mon, 15 February 2016 22:40 UTC

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:40:46 -0800
Cc: draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block@ietf.org, lisp-chairs@ietf.org, lisp@ietf.org
Subject: [lisp] Alvaro Retana's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-12: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-12: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block/

DISCUSS:

This document is clearly requesting the assignment of LISP EID space for
an experiment.  Why is it not an Experimental document?  [I may have
missed the discussion in the archive.]

Along the same lines, the conditions for the experiment to be successful
and the IETF to consider whether to transform the prefix into a permanent
assignment (Section 6.  3+3 Allocation Plan) are not defined.  How should
this decision be made?  How will the IETF know the experiment is
successful?

COMMENT:

An early allocation was made in October/2015.  The values should be
included in the document.

The dates mentioned assumed a start date of December/2015, but the
document isn't getting approved until now — is there a need to change the
dates?  Just wondering — part of it is that I'm not sure if RIPE has
already started allocating addresses or not.

Please expand ROA and put in a reference.