Re: [lmap] lmap framework and IPPM registries.

"MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acmorton@att.com> Wed, 16 April 2014 20:11 UTC

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acmorton@att.com>
To: "Bugenhagen, Michael K" <Michael.K.Bugenhagen@centurylink.com>, 'MARCELO BAGNULO BRAUN' <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>, "'lmap@ietf.org'" <lmap@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:10:53 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [lmap] lmap framework and IPPM registries.

In the original registry proposal(s) over a year ago now,
we had an Environment (sub) Registry:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bagnulo-ippm-new-registry-00#section-2.3

We were convinced to take this out of the registry design,
it's not really part of the metric specifications and there
likely were other reasons I've forgotten, but it's out now for good.

The Info model draft covers this topic.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-00#section-3.7
   The result data rows may optionally include an indication of the
   cross-traffic (e.g., the total number of octets of non-measurement
   traffic passing through the interfaces used by a Measurement Task
   during the measurement period).

Al