Re: [lmap] Last Call: <draft-mm-netconf-time-capability-05.txt> (Time Capability in NETCONF) to Experimental RFC

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Mon, 29 June 2015 16:49 UTC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:49:26 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.64.58.48]
Cc: "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>, "lmap@ietf.org" <lmap@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lmap] Last Call: <draft-mm-netconf-time-capability-05.txt> (Time Capability in NETCONF) to Experimental RFC

(I apologize for cross-posting) but it seems justified in this case)

I find this work useful.

I have two questions:
- why was not this document adopted by the NETCONF WG? Lack of time, out of focus, or are there any other (technical?) reasons? Why did it had to go on AD-sponsored and Experimental track?
- This work may potentially be useful for LMAP which has scheduling and time-stamping features in its architecture and framework. LMAP however just selected RESTCONF as their preferred protocol. What would it take to extend this work to RESTCONF)? (may be another piece of work)

Thanks and Regards,

Dan