Re: [magma] IGMP Router Group Membership state

Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com> Mon, 18 January 2010 12:01 UTC

From: Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com>
To: rajasekar bonthala <rajasekhar.bonthala@gmail.com>, "magma@ietf.org" <magma@ietf.org>, "magma@core3.amsl.com" <magma@core3.amsl.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:31:15 +0530
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [magma] IGMP Router Group Membership state

Raja,

        When the To_Ex(A) is received, router will change its mode to EXCLUDE. In exclude mode, it maintains two list. Following rule will apply:

        INCLUDE (A)    TO_EX (B)    EXCLUDE (A*B,B-A)       (B-A)=0
                                                                                    Delete (A-B)
                                                                                    Send Q(G,A*B)
                                                                                    Group Timer=GMI

         Now when router generates group-source specific query and it gets a response with IS_INC(A). Following rule will apply:

         EXCLUDE (X,Y)  IS_IN (A)     EXCLUDE (X+A,Y-A)        (A)=GMI

        The state as per this will be EXCLUDE mode with source 'A' in Include list and exclude list will now be empty.

        Now if the response does not come, state will be EXCLUDE (A*B,B-A) which is an empty include list and source 'A' in exclude list.

Thanks,
Bharat