Re: [manet] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05: (with DISCUSS)

Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com> Wed, 21 August 2019 12:58 UTC

From: Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com>
To: "suresh@kaloom.com" <suresh@kaloom.com>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
CC: "manet-chairs@ietf.org" <manet-chairs@ietf.org>, "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 12:58:23 +0000
user-agent: Evolution 3.32.1-2
x-originating-ip: [10.10.1.5]
Subject: Re: [manet] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05: (with DISCUSS)

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the feedback.

This is a difficult one, as the whole document refers to an extension,
we include canonical text early on that (tries to) state that if you
support this extension, this is what you should do, if not don't.

However, you are right that in the message that includes the extension
negotiation and possibly this message, your suggestion is good.

Cheers,

Rick