Re: [manet] ZRP simulation results

Prince Samar <samar@ece.cornell.edu> Mon, 14 March 2005 05:22 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:21:22 -0500
From: Prince Samar <samar@ece.cornell.edu>
To: mehrana@uow.edu.au
Subject: Re: [manet] ZRP simulation results
Cc: glomosim-users-l@lists.ucla.edu, manet@ietf.org
Sender: manet-bounces@ietf.org

Dear Mehran,

: One observation i made was that the IARP component produces
: a lot of overhead, due to frequent link failure detection and
: changes in the Inrazone, and packets where being dropped due
: to buffer overflows. So i suppose that the Proactive component
: of IARP should be improved. I am not sure if improvements to
: this where made in the version 3 and 4 of ZRP??

The simple link-state based IARP implementation and source-route based
IERP implementation are provided to demonstrate a "proof of concept." The
fine-tuning and optimization of IARP and IERP is left to the particular
proactive and reactive routing protocols being used in the Zone Routing
framework.

The method of bordercasting was changed in Version 4 of the Internet
Drafts, so that a node does not need to maintain routing information about
its extended routing zone, but just its routing zone. That is, a node
proactively maintains routing information about all nodes within R hops
from it (and not 2*R -1 hops, which defines the extended routing zone).
This reduces the proactive component of the routing control traffic by a
significant fraction.

Regards,
Prince

Prince Samar, Ph.D.