Re: [manet] DLEP-17: duplicate functions - Options & extensions negotiations

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com> Thu, 10 December 2015 12:33 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Henning Rogge <hrogge@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:33:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Cc: MANET IETF <manet@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-manet-dlep@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-manet-dlep@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] DLEP-17: duplicate functions - Options & extensions negotiations

I think it's worth just thinking about this. Can you suggest a plausible example where you need more information than just new message and data item types? It can be an alien space bats example ;)

(Of course there's more needed implicitly - such as what to do with a new message type. But the required information can be carried by just the new message type number.)