Re: [manet] AD review of draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com> Tue, 21 October 2014 09:45 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Thomas Clausen <thomas@thomasclausen.org>, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:37:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Cc: "draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization.all@tools.ietf.org>, "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] AD review of draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization

I think Adrian's comment makes the current text

   As such, this protocol introduces
   no new security considerations to an implementation of [RFC6130] or
   of any other protocol that uses it, such as [RFC7181].

Not quite 100% right, as that is a consideration, albeit as Thomas says not a very major one. To be more precise I might change "security considerations" to "vulnerabilities" and then could add something like: "It may sometimes provide a small improvement in availability against attacks such as short bursts of deliberate interference." (Wording just a suggestion.)

But I could live with it unchanged. Especially if any change caused a delay.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Information Assurance Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687