Re: [martini] draft-kaplan-martini-vermouth-00: reg-event handling for draft-gin and draft-olive

Martien Huysmans <martien.huysmans@ericsson.com> Thu, 06 May 2010 15:25 UTC

From: Martien Huysmans <martien.huysmans@ericsson.com>
To: Hans Erik van Elburg <ietf.hanserik@gmail.com>, Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:01:01 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "martini@ietf.org" <martini@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [martini] draft-kaplan-martini-vermouth-00: reg-event handling for draft-gin and draft-olive

The email below contain the following statement:

----
This is a very strange use case, normally you either receive service from the SSP (centrex scenario) or from the PBX. Mixing those two is asking for problems. Conflicting service configurations etc. In such a case the user would rather have two different AOR's.
----

I think that SIP Connect 1.1 mentions the combination of a user registered at the PBX
could have a VoiceMail service from the SSP.

I als remember a previous email from Adam where I asked
  Are you saying that the current martini-gin draft supports an
  architecture where for sip:+1234567@ssp.com the presence server
  resides at the SSP and where the IPPBX would provide voice services?
and Adam replied:
  It certainly does. It also supports one in which the presence server resides at the PBX.
  This also true for voicemail, and pretty much any other service typically
  provided in the network.

So I am left a little bit puzzled, what the architecture supports.

/Martien