Re: [martini] Announcement of MARTINI WG last Call on "Registration for Multiple Phone Numbers in the SIP"

David Hancock <D.Hancock@CableLabs.com> Thu, 22 July 2010 14:02 UTC

From: David Hancock <D.Hancock@CableLabs.com>
To: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>, Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>, "martini@ietf.org" <martini@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:02:33 -0600
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [martini] Announcement of MARTINI WG last Call on "Registration for Multiple Phone Numbers in the SIP"

From: Elwell, John [john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:27 AM
To: David Hancock; Bernard Aboba; martini@ietf.org

[JRE] Wouldn't the SSP return a 480 response to the SUBSCRIBE request if it can't deliver it?

[dch] Yes, that would be one way to handle it, although not so friendly to the reg-event subscriber. Since for "normal" registrations the SSP registrar/proxy doesn't send a 480 response when the target user isn't registered, it might be useful if the draft covered this case.

If we take this approach where the SSP treats these SUBSCRIBEs like any request to be delivered to the SIP-PBX, then what happens to reg-event subscriptions to the SIP-PBX when the PBX transitions from registered to not-registered? Would they simply expire?

Thanks
David

John