Re: [MBONED] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-08.txt

Hiroaki Sato <satou.hiroaki@lab.ntt.co.jp> Thu, 18 February 2010 12:04 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:05:49 +0900
From: Hiroaki Sato <satou.hiroaki@lab.ntt.co.jp>
To: "ALTOM, MARK W (ATTLABS)" <ma697r@att.com>
Cc: mboned@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MBONED] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-08.txt

Mark,

Thank you for your draft review and feedback.  I will respond inline.

Hiroaki

> The following are our comments on "Requirements for Multicast AAA
> coordinated between Content Provider(s) and Network Service
> Provider(s)(draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-08)"
>
> 1. A requirement should be added that the AAA mechanisms that are
> specified should be applicable to AMT multicast as well as end-to-end
> native multicast.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-09

-> We are open to including the requirements for AMT to the document but
are not ourselves familiar with AMT.  Would anyone from your team be
willing to write the requirements and become a coauthor of ID-maccnt?

> 2. How do you "unauthorize" an end user after the end user has been
> authenticated and authorized to join a multicast stream?  For example:
>
> 	* An end-user may only be authorized to join a multicast stream
> for a specific amount of time.  How do you drop a user from the stream
> when the user has "timed out?"
> 	* An end-user may be authorized to access only a certain amount
> of content.  How do you drop a user from the stream when the user has
> exceeded the specified amount of content?
>
> This suggests that at a minimum, the elements to authorization should
> include:
> 	* Stream (S,G or *,G)
> 	* Time
> 	* Bandwidth or amount of content

We will add requirements for unauthorize by timeout
We think bandwidth overflow and exceeding max number of channels can be
rejected at 1st Join.

> 3. Are there any mechanisms for re-authentication and re-authorization?

->We agree this is necessary and will add the requirements for
re-authentication.

> 4. Section 3 is titled "Current Business Models," but only 2 business
> models are described:
>
> 	* A single entity model where CP (Content Provider) and NSP
> (Network Service Provider) are the same entity
> 	* Multiple entity model without direct content-based billing
>
> However, these are not the only current business models.  Maybe a better
> title for section 3 is "Common Business Models."

-> Agreed, we will change the title to "Common Business Models".

> 5. Section 4 describes a proposed model with direct billing of the end
> user.  However, the proposed AAA mechanisms would also be applicable to
> scenarios where the CP or NSP wants to restrict access, but does not
> necessarily require direct billing of the end user (for example support
> for closed user groups).

-> We will change the section title to "Proposed Model: Multity-entity
CDS"  and explain that there are cases with and without direct customer
billing.