Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB discussion at the face-to-face meeting

"Syrett, Mark" <mark.syrett@hp.com> Mon, 09 November 2009 13:13 UTC

From: "Syrett, Mark" <mark.syrett@hp.com>
To: Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:13:57 +0000
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mediactrl@ietf.org" <mediactrl@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB discussion at the face-to-face meeting

Hi,

On value in the required/optional approach to the consumer interface:

Does anyone have a good use-case/example that requires the optional?

I would say the use-case below isn't a good example - It's more a good way of introducing optional functionality, extra application code, tests, errors and complexity.

<optional> considered harmful... or not?

Mark