Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB discussion at the face-to-face meeting

"Syrett, Mark" <mark.syrett@hp.com> Mon, 09 November 2009 10:55 UTC

From: "Syrett, Mark" <mark.syrett@hp.com>
To: Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com>, "mediactrl@ietf.org" <mediactrl@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:55:21 +0000
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] MRB discussion at the face-to-face meeting

Hi,

On the Consumer Interface and query mechanisms based on <required> and <optional> elements...

How would this handle use-cases like:

Give me resources for a HD video conference for 20 people, if resources aren't available I can fall-back to a low-res video conf for 10 with listen/broadcast only for another 10.
Give me resources for 20 ASR sessions with complex grammars, if resources aren't available I can fall-back to using DTMF input instead.

Would they be handled:

As one required/optional query with the required (minimum) being the fall-back? I don't find it very natural to specify what you need/want as optional.
As several queries (or negotiation) if the first resource request can't be granted until the appropriate resources are granted.
Or at runtime during the application execution when resources are short?

Regards,

Mark Syrett

HP CMS
www.hp.com