Re: [MEDIACTRL] Questions fordraft-ietd-mediactrl-mixer-control-package

"Henry Lum" <Henry.Lum@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 25 February 2010 17:42 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:44:25 -0800
From: Henry Lum <Henry.Lum@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Scott McGlashan <scott.mcglashan@hp.com>
Cc: mediactrl@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Questions fordraft-ietd-mediactrl-mixer-control-package

Hi Scott,

Thanks - I am okay with the comments.

Henry

From: mediactrl-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:mediactrl-bounces@ietf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott McGlashan
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:20 PM
To: Henry Lum
Cc: mediactrl@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Questions
fordraft-ietd-mediactrl-mixer-control-package

Hi Henry,

I think we're done.

Expect the updated mixer draft today.

thanks again for your comments.

scott

On 22 Feb 2010, at 16:40, Henry Lum wrote:

Hi Scott,

Please see my responses inline.

Henry

[SMCG] Right. The dialog is terminated by the MS and a <dialogexit>
generated. It isn't clear to me that the mixer spec should talk about
dialogs (whereas the IVR spec does talk about conferences). If you think
we should add some wording in the IVR spec, please send a suggestion.

[HL] IVR spec mentions that status=2 in <dialogexit> means the dialog is
terminated because a conference is terminated so it's clear in the IVR
spec. I just wonder mixer spec should mention this briefly in the last
paragraph of 4.2.1.3.

[SMCG] I don't plan to add

-          When an automatic mixing is applied with <join>, would
<auditresponse> show up as a conference or just a bunch of joins?

	[SMCG] Not quite sure if I get this. If you create a conference
it is audited as a conference mixer; otherwise, explicit <join>s as join
mixers.

	[HL] What I mean is that when implicit or automatic mixing is
applied with <join> (as described in 4.2.2.1), there is no actual
conference object created and no conferenceid assigned. In other words,
no conference objects will show up in audit as a result of implicit
mixing.

[SMCG] Ok.

[SMCG] We didn't have SDP in mind when we came up with the terms
originally (probably CCXML). I can see what you mean but I'm not sure
that 'id1-to-id2', etc are actually clearer and the values are then
different from those used in the IVR package <direction>.  If others on
the WG mailing list prefer your suggested terms, then I'll change them.

[HL] I'm just nitpicking with the choice of names in the attributes
since I find that having id1 and id2 in <join> originated from CCXML
makes understanding the directionality of <stream> a bit confusing. I
actually prefer the directionality defined in the <join> itself like

[SMCG] I'm really reluctant to change at this stage (from an editor
perspective).

The MS MUST configure the streams that are included within <modifyjoin>
to that stated by the child elements.

[HL] looks good to me

[SMCG] Done.

	tones:

	A space-separated list of the tones to remove. The attribute is
optional. The default value is "1 2 3 4 5  6 7 8 9 0 * # A B C D" (i.e.
all DTMF tones removed).

[HL] Looks good to me.

[SMCG] Done.

Thanks

Henry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is
authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining
from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby
excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its
attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it
for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent
and/or its affiliated entities.<ATT00001..txt>